Your connections
Get all the information you need to apply for new connections to our existing water mains.
Do you need a new water connection?

You'll need a new connection if:

  • you′re building a new property and require a permanent water supply
  • you require a temporary building supply
  • you′re converting a property into multiple units with individual supplies
  • you′re installing fire apparatus (sprinkler supply), and
  • you′d like a supply for irrigation purposes (for example: bin stores, landlord or agricultural use).
Do you need a replacement water connection?

You need a replacement water connection if:

  • there′s a need to replace old lead, galvanised and other metallic pipes
  • a larger water connection is needed because of an increase in water usage and the existing water supply is relocated
  • an existing property has been demolished and new properties are being constructed
  • a property is on a shared supply but requires a separate supply, and
  • a property is divided into multiple properties (with a shared supply).
How to apply for new or replacement connections

If you require a new water supply connection from our existing water mains, please complete either the:

  • domestic, or
  • non-household

application form. You can find these documents here.


If you are developing a large site, you may need to lay new water mains. We've got more information on new water mains here.

Did you find what you were looking for?