Saving money is a priority for most households. A water meter can help because:
• You have more control over your bills as you only pay for what you use.
• The installation is, in most cases, free.
• You become more water efficient, reducing waste and helping conserve valuable water resources.
• If you have not made any savings after the first 24 months of installing a water meter, you can switch back to the unmetered tariff.
• There is a special reduced tariff, WaterSure, for vulnerable customers who are supplied by meter and need to use large volumes of water due to their personal circumstances.
To see if you would save money by switching to a meter, please see our leaflet below 'Calculating your water use and what it may cost′, or, complete the water usage calculator and compare the results with your unmetered bill.
A guide for domestic customers.