raindrop in water

Seen a leak in the street or in your home?

Find out what to do, who's responsible and how to check for leaks in your home.

Leaks in the street

If you've found a leak in street or footpath, please report it online so we can investigate it quickly. You'll also be able to check if it's already been reported.


If a leak has stopped your water supply, call our emergency leakline on 0800 526 337.

Leaks in your home

Leaks in your home or on your property are your responsibility to fix. You'll need to find a WaterSafe approved plumber to help with the repair. 


If you think you have a leak, follow our advice on how to check for leaks in your home.

In this section