Home emergency cover
Cover your plumbing and drainage through HomeServe for £1 a month* in the first year. 

Homeowners and landlords are generally responsible for the private plumbing and drainage within their homes*.


We work with HomeServe, to offer you emergency cover for your home’s plumbing and drainage. This will cover you for unexpected problems, such as, burst pipes, blocked drains, leaking taps and toilets.




*£1 a month in year one with £30 excess. New customers, homeowners only. T&Cs apply. 

Important information

*£1 a month in year one with £30 excess. New customers, homeowners only. T&Cs apply. 


*At Essex & Suffolk Water we want to make sure our customers are aware of their responsibilities when it comes to their private plumbing and drainage. Water supply pipes up to, and in some cases, beyond the property boundary, are generally the responsibility of the homeowner. If you share a drain within your property boundary, this will be the responsibility of your water company.

Homeowners should check if their existing home insurance or other policies provide cover so you’re not paying for cover you don’t need.


Essex & Suffolk Water is a trading name of Northumbrian Water Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number  02366703)and whose registered office address is Northumbria House, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5FJ. 


Northumbrian Water Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under Financial Services Register number 312881. Northumbrian Water Limited is Northumbrian Water Group Limited’s Appointed Representative (as defined in the Glossary to the FCA Handbook) under Financial Services Register number 417465.